Friday 16 August 2013

Mini Reviews: Venom by Fiona Paul & Paranormalcy by Kiersten White


Venom (Secrets of the Eternal Rose #1)
Author: Fiona Paul
Pages: 435
Publication Date: October 30, 2012
Publisher: Philomel


Historical fiction isn't a genre that I usually approach, but with a lot of hype with the sequel, Belladonna, I thought I would give this series a try. One of the things I didn't like about this book was that it was narrated in third person. The beginning was hard to get through; it was way too descriptive for my taste. If there was one thing that I liked it was probably where the book took place in. Venice. Even though, this wasn't as good as I thought it would be, I would definitely read the next book.


3/ 5 STARS 




Author: Kiersten White
Pages: 335
Publication Date: August 31, 2010
Publisher: HarperTeen


It's very common to come across a book that is too slow, but too fast?Paranormalcy wasn't equally paced. In the beginning, you immediately dive into a scene. I don't about you, but I like the beginning to be a bit slow, not too slow, but to the point where the plot is gradually building. The main character was weird. It was like the author was trying so hard to make her different. This book was a little too light and fluffy for me. I prefer paranormal books that are dark and thrilling. Sad to say, but this has to be one of the worst paranormal books I've ever read.

2/5 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment