Friday 19 July 2013

Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris

Unraveling (Unraveling #1)
Author: Elizabeth Norris
Pages: 464
Publication Date: April 24, 2012
Publisher: Balzar + Bray





 
Sixteen-year-old Janelle Tenner is used to having a lot of responsibility. She balances working as a lifeguard in San Diego with an intense academic schedule. Janelle's mother is bipolar, and her dad is a workaholic FBI agent, which means Janelle also has to look out for her younger brother, Jared.

And that was before she died...and is brought back to life by Ben Michaels, a mysterious, alluring loner from her high school. When she discovers a strange clock that seems to be counting down to the earth's destruction, Janelle learns she has twenty-four days to figure out how to stop the clock and save the planet.


 By the summary of this book, it sounded pretty darn awesome. Countdown? The world was going to end? Sounded like my kind of book. But, really, it turned out to be a disappointment.

The beginning wasn't all that bad. The main character, Janelle was hit by a truck and died, but then she was brought back to life by Ben Michaels. Before she was saved, Ben remained as a "nobody" in her life. I was pumped by the scene, excited to tackle on some action. But nope, that did not happen.

Unraveling lacked action. It did not hold my interest. I felt like it dragged on for centuries. The world was supposed to be ending, however  I did not feel like the world wasn't going to end. I didn't have that "oh my, the world is ending" kind of feeling, but had the "when is it going to be done?"

Several people loved and adored this book. So I'm assuming that this was just a "it's not you, it's me" sort of thing. Though I didn't enjoy it, I would still reccommend to some of my friends. 

2.5/5 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment