Tuesday 31 December 2013

December Monthly Wrap Up 2013






Since school has been eating up most of my time, I've been only able to read three to four books a month. But since I'm off for Christmas break, I managed to read fifteen books, including a whole series.

Books read:

1. The Almost Girl by Amalie Howard - (3 stars) - Sci-fi with a not so good romance.  
2. The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey #3)  by Julie Kagawa - (5 stars) - I love this series so much! Excellent. I swear they get better each time.
3. Fireblood (Fireblood #1) by Trisha Wolfe - (3 stars) - Some compared this to The Selection, but to be quite honest, I don't really see any sort of similarities. This book wasn't awful, but it sort of reminded me of Throne of Glass. 
4. United We Spy (Gallagher Girls #6) by Ally Carter - (3 stars) - I'm so sad to see this series end because my friends and I fangirl over this series all the time. We're always talking about Zach and Cammie. This book wasn't my favourite, but I still enjoyed it. 
5. How to Love by Katie Cotugno - ( 4 stars) - This debut was just amazing! I love Katie's writing. She's an author to watch! 
6. This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales - ( 4 stars) - Just beautifully honest and raw, I can't help but sympathize for Elise.  
7. Countdown by Michelle Rowen - (3 stars) - It had fast pacing, but it lacked world building. 
8. Allegiant by Veronica Roth - (1 star) - Awful, just plain awful. I wasn't impressed with Divergent or Insurgent; I don't even know why I decided to read the last book. 
9. The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey #4) by Julie Kagawa - (4.5 stars) - It was a bit hard to read it in Ash's POV, but after a few chapters, it starts to get good. Ash is complex and layered that you can never be bored of him. 
10. Such A Rush by Jennifer Echols - (2 stars) - I didn't like the main character at all. So disappointed. 
11.Forget You by Jennifer Echols - (1 star) - After reading and disliking Such A Rush, I thought this one would be a least better. Oh boy, was I wong. I rarely give one stars, but this one is worth chucking against the wall.
12. The Body Finder (The Body Finder #1) by Kimberly Derting - (3.5 stars) - The mystery in this novel was decent, but the romance totally captured me.
13. Desires of the Dead (The Body Finder #2) by Kimberly Derting - (3 stars) - The mystery was too obvious in this one. 
14. The Last Echo (The Body Finder #3) by Kimberly Derting - (4 stars) - Okay, the mystery was obvious as well, but the killer was one to sympathize  for. 
15. Dead Silence (The Body Finder #4) by Kimberly Derting - (2 stars) - I can't believe this is the last book. It wasn't bad, but the ending! You can't just end it off like that. There's so many questions that need to be answered. Please, please let it have a sequel. 

Book I didn't finish: 

Crash Into You (Pushing the Limits #3) by Katie McGarry (44% finished) - I don't think I'll be finishing this book any time soon. I love, love, love Isaiah, but for some reason I can't bring myself to read his story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment